Sunday, April 20, 2014

Where's the XL

      Happy Easter Everyone!  I hope everyone had a wonderful time with friends and family today, I know I did!  Mandy and I took advantage this morning and slept in, which I really needed.  I rolled out of bed to a beautiful sunny Sunday morning.  I headed out for a 6 mile tempo run around 11:30 this morning, with a temp of around 60 and barely a cloud in the sky.

     The run went pretty well, no dogs tried to take me out this time, but a horse came to the fence to say hello so I snapped a quick picture.  I was able to hold close to what I hope will be my race pace for my half marathon next weekend.  I stopped a couple of times to take pictures just because it was so nice out I thought it would be fun to share.
     After my run, Mandy and I got around and headed to my sister's house for a wonderful Easter lunch.  We had ham, au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole, grape salad and biscuits.  The ham, potatoes and biscuits were good, but the others I wouldn't know, not really my cup of tea!
    
     I did wanna quick share my Friday morning with you if I may.  The shirts that I have to wear for work can be quit expensive and with my consistent weight loss trying to keep up with shirts that fit can be a little tough on the wallet.  Having said that, I have a couple XL that fit me pretty well and 3 or 4 XXL that are getting pretty big, actually I am swimming in them.  Friday when I was looking for a shirt all I could find clean was the XXL so I said screw it, I grabbed one and headed to work.  For some reason lately I have really been diggin' the plaid shirts and I noticed a new one we had gotten in that I wanted but hadn't bought it yet.  The fact that I was swimming in my current shirts was bugging the hell out of me so I decided to finally buy it.  Now in my mind I still feel like I should be wearing an XL, so that's the size I was looking for.  Do you think I could find it, NO.  I asked the dept manager "where's the XL?" and of course it was already gone.  I was extremely bummed, but she suggested I try on the large.  I told her I doubt it will fit but I will give it a try.
Well as you can see I was wrong and it fit!  I took my shirt out to the car and took a quick selfie to celebrate the occasion.  It just amazes me sometimes how good these little things can make you feel and boost your confidence.
I would love to hear about your little victories, so feel free to share it in the comment section below!  

8 comments:

  1. Woo! Congrats on the new size! I hate buying new clothes, but it is really satisfying to be able to get things in smaller sizes when I do get new things. My small victory this week was breaking out of the yo-yo pattern and finally surpassing my lowest weight since I broke 100 pounds lost last November. I think I'm finally finished atoning for winter's bingey excesses. Boy, did I learn that lesson about moderation the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dean we are so proud of you. You will never forget these moments. Thanks so much for sharing! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Dean! Looks like it was a beautiful day for a run.

    ReplyDelete