Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In - Overweight

     Well I think the title for this week says it all, Overweight!  I bet not to many people are happy and excited to tell people they are overweight, but when you have been obese and probably considered extremely obese, becoming overweight is a huge deal!
   
     I had a very busy day today so the first thing I did was get my weigh in out of the way.  When I hopped on the scale and looked down I saw 190.8lbs, exactly 1 pound less then last week.  The funny thing is because I had to keep moving due to my schedule I didn't record my weigh in till I got home later in the day and totally didn't realize that my BMI rating had dropped out of the obese category.

5/14/14 official weigh in
191 lbs
Change: -1 lbs
Total loss from heaviest: 126 lbs
Current BMI: 29.9 (overweight)
Change: -.1


      After I got my weigh in done my long run was next on my list.  It was cool in the mid 50s and overcast which made for a nice run, to bad it was only a 6 mile long run.  I just know when I hit the peak of my marathon training it will be in the high 90s and super sunny and humid.  Recently I have been trying to work on keeping my pace pretty consistent mile after mile, and today I did a much better job.  Usually I start out fast, slow way down mile two and slowly recover to a steady pace.  Today I wanted to keep the pace at 10mins per mile and it looks like other than mile 6 I kept a pretty steady pace going.


     I miss judged my time this morning and was short on time when I got back from my run so I had to quickly eat and shower so I could head to my buddy's shop, Lucky Luke's Tattoo Studio.  I was going to get my long awaited Strangers to Solemates Ragnar tattoo.  I wanted to use the logo that I created for the team, which we did, but we had to make a few minor changes that would allow it to transfer well as a tattoo.  I also wanted to give it that old school Sailor Jerry look to it.  We added the sun and the palm tree leaves to give a nod to Southern California.  Once we worked through all the design stuff, I had to decide where to get it.  I was going to do my lower leg next to my Detroit Half Marathon tattoo, but due to the size and shape it fit much better on the top of my thigh right above the knee.  I didn't keep and eye on the clock but I was probably in the chair for around 3 hours with only one break so Luke could talk with a couple potential customers.
   
     I am very happy with the outcome and love the simplistic traditional look to it.  The only downer is I won't be running for a least the next week while it heals. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being overweight! ;) I remember how excited I was to hit that point, too. You've come SO far--amazing! And I love that the Ragnar was such a significant experience in your life that it deserved a big tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's big, I'm impressed! (#) Seriously though, awesome. And great job on dropping below 30 BMI!

    ReplyDelete