Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In

7/2/14 official weigh in
189 lbs
Change: +1 lbs
Total loss from heaviest: 129 lbs
Current BMI: 29.6 (overweight)
Change:+.2
   
     Well I am not going to bore you with a long drawn out story trying to figure out as to why I gained this week because I know the reason.  As much has we all want to think that just doing the exercise will be enough and the dinner plate can be filled with whatever you want, these last couple of weeks have shown me a couple of things.  One; while trying to lose weight you have to stay pretty strict to your plan.  A saying I heard once I think says it best; you get thin at the dinner table and you get fit at the gym.  So needless to say I really need to get back on track and focus on my diet, shit I only have 16 more pounds till I hit my "goal weight".  Once I get there I will reassess my situation and decide if I need to drop a few more, stay were I am or add a couple back.
    
     Now the seconded thing I learned is once I am at my goal weight and in the so called maintenance period, and as long as I keep running and staying active, I can deviate from my diet a little bit here and there and enjoy some of my old past times.  In moderation of course.  

     With no more family or friends planning any visits in the near future and now that my running is back on a steady track I am looking for a few good weigh ins over the next couple of months.  I would really like to get to 173 before October so that's my summer goal; to lose the last 16 pounds by October. 

     I am skipping talking about my long run today, but it will be part of my marathon training week post that will be out later on, but I did wanna show you all this.  My Facebook was blowing up yesterday while I was at work and when I finally got to see what was going on, to my surprise it had to do with my leg.  Runner's World magazine did an online story showcasing some wonderful running related tattoos on their site.  My friend John, who's kind of a big deal and co-captain of my Ragnar team, found my leg made it into their story and posted it on Facebook.  Now I'll have to send them a pic of my Ragnar tattoo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited (although no surprised) that your tattoo made the cut! ;) I like the Ragnar one even more (of course I'm totally biased).

    ReplyDelete