Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In

     
    
     Well Happy Thanksgiving Eve to everyone!  I hope anyone who is traveling today and tonight to be with friends and family arrive safe and sound at their destinations.
    
     Myself being in the retail business, Thanksgiving marks the start of a stressful crazy time of year that will begin Friday morning and not stop until I am tightly tucked in my bed on Christmas Eve.  This time also marks the hardest month and a half for all of us fighting the crusade against our weight.  I have only been "winning" for the last two years now, so I don't have much credibility when giving advice, but I will give it a shot.  For the exception of 6 days, stick to your plan.  This time of year is no different than any other time, just because its "the holidays" doesn't make it any more special then if today was August 26th.  Now I know that is easier said than done, but think about it for a second, you know I am right.  As for those 6 days I am talking about, that would be Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day and one night of your choice, probably for a company Christmas party or whatever you choose.  These days are guilt free days.  Don't think I mean you can go nuts, but if I want a little more turkey and gravy or two rolls instead of none then I will.  That is how I plan to live this holiday season.
    
     As far as my weigh in goes, I have to say I was crazy surprised at what I saw and extremely happy considering how down I have been lately with my running and knee issues.

11/26/14 official weigh in
175.5 lbs
Change: -1.5 lbs
Total loss from heaviest: 141.5 lbs
Current BMI: 27.5 (overweight)
Change:-.2

Anyway I am going to keep this one short and sweet.  Enjoy tomorrow and if anyone is running a turkey trot to prepare for all those calories at dinner than have a great race!

2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, Dean!! Great weigh in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job keeping the progress going even when you are sidelined with the running!

    ReplyDelete