Sunday, March 8, 2015

GCM Owens Corning Half Marathon Training Week 4


      Work has been so crazy for me this past week and what transpired has my schedule is all screwed up.  I've had to change my day off to Thursday now and starting next week we are extending our hours.  This week of training was a little rough for me.  I missed one run on Sunday because I had to work so I couldn't go to the gym when it was open, and because of all the cold and snow I took the chicken shit way out and didn't run outside after work.  Monday I didn't wanna run because I really wasn't feeling the greatest, but forced myself to go and I felt much better afterwords.
    
     Tuesday I was to do some cross training and yoga, but that didn't get done either.  I just couldn't get going in the morning and didn't want to do a damn thing after work.  Wednesday I had a 5 mile race pace run and some cross training.  Do to having to do the run at the gym I only had time to get 4 of the 5 miles done and had zero time for any cross training.

     Finally getting to my day off, I had my long run to get done.  For those of you who live in a warmer climate and never have to run on a treadmill, I am so jealous.  There is not much in this world I would say I never want try or to do again, but running 8 miles on a treadmill is one of them.  I think my new hashtag is gonna be #deathtothetreadmill.  Friday I did manage to get some yoga time on the mat which felt pretty good.

     The weather is starting to come around and the temps are on the rise, so running outside will soon be back in my future.  Saturday was still a little cold, especially since I would have had to run around 5am.  I decided to make today a rest day and hit it strong tomorrow.
 

1 comment:

  1. Treadmills are the worst. I can get a little down about our 45 and drizzly winters, but I always remind myself it could be worse! Way to get it done regardless! So much respect for the Midwest and Northeast people that train for a marathon during the winter!

    ReplyDelete