Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Run for Your Life 10k / 5k / Kid’s Run Preview

      I have heard great things about this race, but never had the opportunity to run it.  This year is finally my year, so I signed up for the 10K and now, I have to decide if and if so, what costume I plan on wearing.  This should get interesting, considering I really am not the costume kind of guy.

     For those of you that haven't heard of this race it falls one week after the annual MacQueen Orchards Apple Butter Stir Festival, and the race is called the Run for Your Life 10k / 5k / Kid’s Run, which is presented by NAIFA Toledo.  We don't really get a lot of 10k races in our area so when that elusive area 10k is available, you take it.  They encourage you to get ready for the Halloween season by coming as a family and trying out your costumes during the run.  The course starts and finishes at MacQueen Orchards and travels through the scenic, paved Holland roads.  The orchard is located at 7605 Garden Rd, Holland, Ohio 43528 and you can sign up for the race by clicking HERE but you better hurry, because prices increase after this Friday!

I grabbed a couple of pictures from their Facebook page to give you all an idea of how much fun this race looks to be.  Oh and I forgot to mention, donuts are waiting for you at the finish line.  I  did the math and if I run the 10k at a ten minute mile average I will burn roughly 840 calories.  The average donut has 198-330 calories depending on type and toppings, so that means I can eat between 2 to 4 of those tasty devils.  





1 comment:

  1. Dean, these donuts are the devil in donut form...sooo good!

    ReplyDelete