Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wednesday weigh in


Well I guess my new nickname should be the King of Swing with how my weight has gone.  Yep you guessed it, it swung back the other way.  By no means am I bitching about it, especially because it’s a loss.  I just find it so crazy sometimes, no wonder people want to throw their scales out the window.   
     I have been hearing more and more about the concept of body composition, which isn’t anything new, but in all my time of trying to lose weight throughout the years I had never heard about it.  I am not going to really get into it now, but the easiest way to describe it is to picture two people that are the same height and on the scale they are the exact same weight.  One has six pack abs and ripped and the other has a beer gut and a couple of chins.  The scale says one thing but a picture speaks volumes to how little the scale really has to do with it.  Having said all that, I am still going to use the scale as my guide till I gain a little more knowledge on this concept.

10/8/14 official weigh in
179.5 lbs
Change: -3.5 lbs
Total loss from heaviest: 137.5 lbs
Current BMI: 28.1 (overweight)
Change: -.5

     I stayed up a little bit later than I wanted to last night so I decided to sleep in buying me an extra 20 minutes or so. I got dressed and headed out the door for what was originally to be a 4 mile race pace run. Since I slept in I was running a little bit behind schedule and I decided to knock 1 mile off and just do a total of three at slightly above my race pace.




  

2 comments:

  1. Dean you are doing a fantastic job and I am pretty sure you are the dude with the six pack. :-) You are doing everything right and you inspire the heck out of me. I am going to try for a PR in Indy but I am fairly sure you will finish an hour before me. Love you buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, BMI doesn't really mean a whole lot for the reasons you described! I'm heavier than I was at my lowest by about 10 pounds but everyone keeps telling me how skinny I look and "have you lost weight?" After laughing in their face, I guess I realize maybe my composition is changing... I definitely have more leg muscle after marathon training and my pants still fit the same, so I'm not gonna worry about it.

    ReplyDelete