Friday, February 21, 2014

Paying it forward

       Hello to all and welcome to Running in the Fat Lane.  I created this blog with the intention of "paying it forward" for all the help and inspiration I have received over the last 16 months in my weight loss and running journey.  

Let me begin by introducing myself.... 



      My Name is Dean.  I am 35 years old, married for almost 10 years to my lovely and supportive wife Mandy. Our children consist of two chihuahuas, Stinka and Widdle and a big old fat kitty cat named Harley. I am the Parts Department manager for a Harley-Davidson Dealer in North West Ohio and have been with Harley-Davidson for 12 years. When I am not working, the wife and I love to go for rides on our motorcycle (a Harley of course), watching movies, reading sci fi novels, getting tattoos and cooking on the grill are just a few joys in my life. When it comes to sports I love hockey and football, I follow the Detroit Red Wings and the Cleveland Browns.  I know, why the Browns, I always say that I can never be accused of being a fair weather fan when you pick to root for the Browns.  I have other interests but we'll save those for another time.  

So the genesis for this blog was the thought that this would be the best way to keep myself committed to my own goals and help inspire others who need to know they are not alone in their weight loss struggles.  The main thing I have learned is there are no short cuts, no fad diets and no magic pills that can achieve sustainable success.

This is me when I thought I was happy!




This is me actually happy!




     So what can you expect from Running in the Fat Lane, well currently I plan to bring you progress reports of my weight loss and how my weekly eating habits effect it, my training to prepare myself for races, race reports and any other info that I feel is worth sharing.  But to be honest, I really don't know where this blog is going to go and how it will evolve, but I feel this will be my best outlet to give back to the community that has helped me.

     I also created a Facebook page to go along with my blog, Click Here to stop over and say hi!







4 comments: