Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In

     Well were back on the scale again.  If I had to guess before I got on, I would have said an increase was most likely.  My routine has just been so out of whack these couple of weeks.  Being out of town most of last week didn't help my cause much either.  This week is no exception either, my work is open on labor day and normally I would be working it, but I made a change so I could spend a little time with Mandy.  This caused me to have to work today so my running schedule for the next two weeks is in need of some adjustments.  I'll explain that in a minute, but let me get this part out of the way....
9/3/14 official weigh in
182 lbs
Change: +2 lbs
Total loss from heaviest: 135 lbs
Current BMI: 28.5 (overweight)
Change: +.3

     Like I was saying, I had to change my schedule around so here is what my new schedule looks like for the next two weeks:
Wed: 10 miles @ 8:55 pace
Thu: 8 miles @ 9:30 pace
Fri: 5 miles @ 8:20 pace
Sat: rest
Sun: 20 miles @ 9:45-10:00 pace
Mon: rest
Tue: 6 miles @ 9:30 pace
Wed: 10 miles @ 8:55 pace
Thu: rest
Fri: 5 miles @ 8:20 pace
Sat: 5 miles @ 9:30 pace
     Today and next Wednesday I am working so I had to shorten my running time so I could accommodate work and running. Next Saturday I am presiding over my friend Jim's wedding and had to switch my day off so hence why I am working next Wednesday as well.  Yes if you were wondering I am an ordained minister and am licensed in Ohio to perform wedding ceremonies.  I have pretty much hung up my collar though because getting weekends off from work are nearly impossible, but I made an exception for my good buddy Jim.  

     So now that you know today I did my race pace run let me tell you about it.  It was scary as shit.  A cold front has moved through the area and made the temperature quite comfortable and even though the weather shows 94% humidity, it sure didn't feel like it.  It did however cause some major freaking fog this morning.  I took a picture before I left but it really doesn't do it any justice for just how bad it was.  To be honest it was as thick as peanut butter as good old Yukon Cornelius would say.  I stuck to the bike trail for safety from cars and what not, but with all the trees along the path kept me feeling like I was running through the woods.  It was truly like a scene out of some horror movie!  I was wearing my headlamp and only being able to see about five feet or less in front of me, woo that is scary.  I ended up packing a little high velocity protection with me just in case ;) but of course I didn't need it.  Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

     Despite the lovely picture I just painted for you above, the run went quite well.  I managed to keep my pace right were I wanted to through out the entire run.  I basically did a 5 mile out and back and only got off the trail when I reached the neighboring town and had to run about a quarter mile on the streets before I hit the five mile turnaround mark.  I wore my Camel Bak, mainly because it has a lot more storage room, but it provided me with more than enough water.  I also used my Clif Shot Bloks chews every two miles as well.  I wanted to simulate eating on the run in my marathon pace.  No real issues with it, now I just have to figure how I am going to carry them, because I can't and won't be using the Camel Bak for the race.  Anyway, the sun finally started to lighten things up for the last two and a half miles and even then the fog kept my visibility down to about fifty feet or so.  For the last mile, as I always do, I pushed the pace and had a nice strong finish.  When I got back I stretched out and did two sets of 15 and one set of 10 push ups.


     Tonight Mandy and I are meeting up with Jim and his fiance for dinner and to discuss how they would like the ceremony to go.  We are meeting up at Frickers after I get home from work so I am already trying to figure out what I am going to do for food.  I think I will get the grilled chicken sandwich and maybe eat just the bottom half of the bun and get the BBQ sauce on the side so I can control how much I eat.  One thing is for certain, NO WINGS TONIGHT!!!!!!! and I am sticking to it!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment