Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Post Surgery Update #5 / Vacation


     Hey everyone, sorry this post is a little late due to a very busy schedule and my business/vacation trip to Arizona last week.  So to get right to it, two weeks ago I got to my PT's office and she was excited to get me on two feet with no outside support.  I was a little nervous, mostly because it had been five weeks since the surgery and I haven't taken an unassisted step since then.  When I took my first steps, I was so afraid that my leg would just give out on me, but it didn't.  Subconsciously I think I was babying it a little and wasn't putting my full weight on it.  Alisha quickly corrected me and got me up on the treadmill for a nice slow stroll.  She was monitoring my every step, correcting me when needed so I wasn't limping or favoring it in anyway.  When we were finished we discussed the up coming week that housed my business/vacation trip.

     With me being out of town last week I would not be able to have my therapy session till this week so Alisha gave me two weeks worth of homework to do for each week that would get me to our next appointment.  I have been continuing a lot of leg lifts and stretches, but this week we added standard planks, short squats (meaning I only go down about a 1/4 of the way) and some high knee marching to keep things moving.  Of course I was also informed "NO RUNNING AT ALL" before I left.  She knows me to well and how I like to push myself!

     The first three days of my trip would be at a work convention that would have me doing quite a bit of walking, plus I would be doing a lot of sightseeing with my wife and I was concerned that all that might be to much to quick.  Alisha suggested I take my cane with me because she was concerned that if my hip and leg muscles get tired it could affect my gait and cause more issues that would lengthen my recovery time.  When my convention was over Mandy and I headed out to see her old stomping grounds and do a little sightseeing.  Here are a few pics from our time.










     Anyway sorry for a short uneventful post, but we will see how my next appointment goes this week and I believe next week is my follow up appointment with the surgeon so next week could be a big day for me.  I hope he gives me some good news on my progress.  

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get some good news too!
    You have been on the side lines, so to speak, for awhile and I can only imagine how excited you are to get back out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are healing up. Way to kick ass. Great picture from Arizona too... such a beautiful place... I need to get back there some day!

    ReplyDelete