Monday, January 2, 2017

Running In Place

     Running in place is exactly how I feel right now in life and literally with the new addition to my training arsenal.  First just to get it out of the way, I feel this way because I have some big changes that are on the horizon for Mandy and myself, but I cannot say anything or move forward till a few things happen that are out of my control.  I am not a fan of feeling like I don't have control of my situation, but I'll just sit on top of this rocket and wait for the launch button to be pressed.

     Now to the real reason for this post.  I have been stressing about my training for the Mercy Health Glass City Marathon and how I am gonna get it done.  I'll admit it, I don't like running when its cold, but I am more than willing to do it if I have to.  Due to my life and work schedule the best time for me to run is very early in the morning, and running in the dark when its cold with ice and snow worries me.  Sense I don't want to risk a slip and fall injury and the last time I ran on the banked corner track at the gym I had major IT Band issues, so I was left with one option, a treadmill.  

     In my search for the perfect treadmill I asked for suggestion on Facebook and Instagram, while I got a couple credible suggestions I still had to do a bunch of my own research.  I really didn't want to spend more than $700 on one, however during my research I found that that price only works if you want to walk or lightly jog.  The more I read it looked like $1200 would be the low end to get what I was looking for.  I wanted a mill that had a wide and long running surface, quick access to incline and speed controls and a super quiet motor.  While there were three that fit the bill with really high customer and critic ratings, I eventually decided to go with the Sole F80 for all the reasons I listed, the availability and sale price.


     So far I have had three runs and I performed a heart rate test for my running coach so she can set up my heart rate zones for my marathon training plan.  I have been very impressed with it to this point.  It is whisper quiet and the built in speakers work nicely while watching Netflix on my iPad.  The incline is very smooth when in motion andthe quick access buttons on the hand rails makes changing speed and/or incline so easy.


1 comment:

  1. Hope the life changes work out and I'm glad to hear you like the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete