Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In

     Sorry for the lack of posts this week, my parents have come into town from Georgia to visit and since being tattooed last Wednesday I haven't done any running until today.  I was really expecting to hop on the scale this morning and see no change or even worse a gain, but once again I some how was able to squeeze out a loss.  I felt like I kept my diet in check for most of the week, but we ate at Max & Erma's restaurant Sunday evening and Frickers, a more local place, last night.  I did my best to keep my calories in check for both days, but it was 50 cent wing night at Frickers! ;)

5/21/14 official weigh in
189.5 lbs
Change: -1.5 lbs
Total loss from heaviest: 127.5 lbs
Current BMI: 29.6 (overweight)
Change: -.3


     Now for the bad news.  I think I may have had my first running injury today.  Now remember I haven't run in 7 days so my legs should be pretty fresh but I didn't want to over do it so I made sure I went out with an easy (slow) pace.  I was planning on doing 8 miles today but ended up cutting it short at 7.25 miles.  I didn't get out till almost ten this morning due to some thunderstorms that came through, so the heat and humidity really kicked up after I left.   I stopped and took a quick picture of a family of geese that where making their way through a field heading to a nearby lake.  They blend in well so its kind of hard to see them.  Now my run was going fine until right about when I got to mile 4.  I started to feel an aching feeling on the right side of my right knee that slowly progressed in intensity.  I stopped and stretch for a second or two and then kept going.  That seemed to help for a couple of minutes but then the pain slowly came back.  I had to stop again at mile seven and I was just going to walk it in but I gave it one more stretch to see if that would work.  Obviously it didn't, because I stopped a quarter mile later.  I mostly told myself that this run means nothing and I shouldn't push it, but this is a first for me so I don't really know how to handle it.  So far I have iced it down a couple of times but I haven't decided if I am going to run or rest tomorrow.  Anyway, here are a few stats from today's outing anyway:


     This is nothing running related but I thought I would show you Mandy's new piece for the kitchen that I had to pick up today.  She found it at a local antique/refinishing store and just fell in love with it.  We had them paint the inside red to match the kitchen and give it that distressed look along with having the chicken wire put in to replace the glass.  Now she is out with my Mom to hunt down some knick knacks to dress it up, Lord help me!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the injury my friend. I'm no expert but I'd maybe rest it tomorrow. Listen to your body for sure. I know it can be frusterating.

    ReplyDelete