Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In

     When I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 191.8 lbs, a couple of things ran through my mind.  First was I just passed the 100 pound mark from the day I started running and the second was could this be the day I am no longer considered obese!  I sat down to record my entry for today and I just had to laugh.  Why you ask, well anything 30 and above in your BMI score is considered obese and what did mine say THIRTY POINT FREAKIN' ZERO!  I couldn't do anything but laugh, I mean there is no reason to be upset about it I lost 3 pounds, and that's is what it's all about. 


5/7/14 official weigh in
192 lbs
Change: -3 lbs
Total loss from heaviest: 125 lbs
Current BMI: 30.0 (obese)
Change: -.5

     My long runs for the next few weeks are going to be pretty short in comparison to what I will be doing when I get into the heart of my marathon training, and today was short 6 miles.  My gps watch has been a huge pain in the ass lately.  It has been taking forever to get a signal and sometimes, like today, never seems to acquire one.   So after 10 minutes of standing around waiting I said screw it and took off only using the foot pod and it became the most expensive stop watch ever.  Luckily, thanks to the support of my loving parents, I have a surprise coming in the mail on Friday.  Upgrade here I come! 
     I have run this loop many times and I pretty much know where exactly the 6 mile mark is, so I kept the pace slow and easy today, hovering around 10 minute per mile avg.  I am not real sure what happen at mile 4 that my pace dropped so low but apparently it did.

  
 Sorry for the quick post but I have some other things to attend to which leaves very little time for today's post.

2 comments:

  1. Solid loss! New watch? Super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking around for a running watch myself. Think I'll skip that one, if it doesn't get such great signal.

    ReplyDelete