Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thursday Weigh In / Boy Are My Legs Sore

     Hey everyone, I am pretty damn happy only to have gained a half pound considering a couple of issues I have had this week.  I have been a little susceptible to binge eating, but haven't let it control my life.  I guess I can be happy that my binges haven't been on junk food, I just have been eating a little more than I should have.  The other reason is due to my own stupidity and not listening to my body; because of that I have only been able to run 2.5 miles since Sunday, which I'll explain later.

4/2/15 official weigh in
174 lbs
Total loss from heaviest:  143 lbs
Current BMI:  27.2 (overweight)


     Like I said I have hardly run any miles since Sunday, and I owe it all to my interval training.  Sunday I had strength training and intervals on the agenda, so I did my strength training early before I went to work.  Now keep in mind we had a major three day weekend event at work so I have been on my feet 9-10 hours for a solid two days up to this point.  After work I got home and headed out to get my intervals done.  This was a step up day, meaning that my plan stepped up the intensity, so my workout looked like this:

          2 minute warmup at 10min pace
          6:30min pace for 1 minute x8 reps
          9:00min pace for 2 minute x8 reps
          2 minute cool down at 10min pace

     I was doing just fine till I finished number six.  At that point I started to feel my hamstrings getting sore.  I kind of thought they were just getting a little tired, but didn't think it was a big deal.  My mind kept saying quit, you have done enough, but being a stubborn runner, I pushed through it and finished.  I could barely walk after I was done and knew immediately I had over done it.  Monday was a schedule rest day and thank God, because my hamstrings were super tight and hurt so bad when I would try and stretch them out.  Tuesday I think was the worst day of it.  I had Mandy try and roll them out and man did it hurt.  She couldn't get over how I was reacting with how little pressure she was placing on them.

     Wednesday I decided to give a short 3 mile run a try, at a super slow pace for me.  I got to the halfway turnaround and realized I was probably not going to be able to finish.  I pushed on, but told myself if the pain and aching got to a 4 out of 10 then I would stop.  I quit at mile 2.5 and walked the last half mile home.

     As I sit here and type this, I have yet to try another run today, and am definitely skipping my 11 mile long run I had on tap.  It has been raining all day and is looking like it may clear out around 7ish so I might give it another go with a 3 mile easy run, but I might just wait and do it in the morning.      

Jedi just wanted to say "Hi Everyone"

1 comment:

  1. Jedi is so cute! Sorry to hear about your hamstrings. Learning knowing when to stop is one of the hardest things about running... to get faster/better you have to push your body past what is comfortable and ignore the "STOP" your brain seems to scream at you all the time... unfortunately, this also makes us want to keep running even when we should stop because we are hurting ourselves. Hopefully you'll feel better quickly!

    ReplyDelete