Wednesday, November 25, 2015

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

  

     My surgery has been approved!!  Finally after all the doctors visits, phone calls back and forth and six weeks of physical therapy the idiots at the insurance company finally saw what everyone else already knew.  
   
     At first I wasn't sure if it was even going to happen after my follow up visit with the surgeon.  They submitted for the surgery and a week later I got a letter in the mail from the ins company that my request was under review and required more information.  Of course I received this letter when I got home from work on a Friday which meant I had to worry and stew about it all weekend.  Monday morning I called the surgeon's office and spoke with his nurse and she stated that she had already preemptively called the ins company, gave them the info they required and that were satisfied and that we had the green light.  She told me to disregard the letter, but could you blame me if I didn't 100% believe her.   I hung up with her and called the ins company, and of course they would tell me that in fact, no the surgery was not approved and was still in review status.  She did say, however that if the nurse just talked to the review board that the board my not have updated their records yet.  This being on a Monday, I decided I would give them a call on Thursday and if the status had not changed then I would call the surgeon's office again.  The same day I was going to call the ins company I received a letter from them stating that my requested procedure was "medically necessary" and that I was approved to have the surgery.  Of course I called to verify all this, and was so relieved that all this was finally over.  I have had my pre op screening at the hospital and in a little more than a week my journey back to running will begin.  



     I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow!  

     Those of you heading out and braving the black Friday weekend of shopping be safe and remember no amount of discount or deal is worth treating another human being with disrespect.  And that goes double when you are dealing with all the retail employees that are out there just doing their jobs and trying to support their families as well.

 

1 comment: