Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Team Elite


     I have a new plan for the Mercy Health Glass City Marathon and I am really excited about it.  Back on March 9th I had my PT appointment with Alisha at Elite Sports and Orthopedic Physical Therapy.  I won't go into detail, because you can read about it here, but long and the short of it was I ran.  Alisha took me for a 3/4 mile run to test the hip, before cutting me loose to slowly start reintroducing my body to running.

     When we were finished she asked me if I was interested in running on a relay team that she was thinking of assembling for the Mercy Health Glass City Marathon.  It immediately reminded me of all the fun I had doing the Ragnar relay back in 2014.  You can read about it here: Ragnar Recap 1, Ragnar Recap 2, Ragnar Recap 3.  Of course I said yes!  Now I just have to worry about getting my mileage up to ensure I can cover the leg I am assigned.

     The Yark Subaru 5-Person Relay takes place during the Mercy Health Glass City Marathon and consists of five team members each running a portion of the race at varying distances.  For those that aren't ready to tackle a full or even a half marathon but wants to go further than a 5K than this race is the perfect way to join in on the fun.

     Lastly, if you haven't heard of Elite Sports and Orthopedic Physical Therapy then I recommend you get familiar with them.  They can help with all kinds of recovery from various injuries that are sports and non sports related.  You can visit them at toledophysicaltherapy.com or on Facebook by clicking here.  You can also meet them at the Mercy Health Glass City Marathon Health and Wellness expo on Saturday April 23rd from 9am-5pm.  They will be selling these awesome shirts you see below with proceeds being donated to Racing for Recovery  Stop out and say Hi, and tell them Dean sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment