Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Movin' To The 614

     I know I keep saying I am going to write more then I don't do anything about it.  Well this time I had a pretty damn good excuse.  Just over two months ago I received a promotion at work that required me to relocate to Columbus, Ohio.  While the move is only a little more than two hours from my previous location, the last couple months have been crazy trying to get the house ready to sell, find an apartment, move stuff down and start my new job.

     First the job, as I have stated before in my blog, I work for a Harley-Davidson dealership and the people I work for have added a third dealership to their group and promoted me to manage the entire store and run the day to day operations.  It was something I have been working towards for a long time and Mandy and I were psyched when we got the news that it was in Columbus.  There is a ton to do there and I already know a couple people that live down there, so it made the decision pretty easy.

     Once we had an idea this was going to happen we kicked things into high gear to get the house ready to sell.  Painting, cleaning, fixing some minor things and finding a realtor.  Then I had to drive around Columbus looking for a place to live.  This was no easy feet, as Mandy and I are not ready to buy another house and trying to find a apartment complex that will allow 3 dogs proved to be a challenge.  Thanks to one of my good friends that lives in Columbus, he new someone that manages a complex that bent the rules for us.  For at least the next year our home will be a two bedroom town house that we got with a garage so we had room for storage.  It was pretty damn hard to fit a three bedroom 1.5 bathroom house and a three car garage worth of stuff that has accumulated over 14 years into a 2 bedroom 1.5 bath townhouse with a tiny single car garage.  We did have to get a pretty good sized roll away dumpster and clear out a lot of shit, but in the end we managed to do it.



     The biggest challenge for us now is not having a fenced in back yard for the dogs.  We have to harness them up every time they need to go outside.  What use to take us just a couple minutes to let them out on their own, now requires a solid 10-15 minutes.

     Once we get a our house sold, we can concentrate on finding or new home, but until then we are making due with what we got. 

No comments:

Post a Comment