Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In

     Well you could say this week was a victory because even though I didn't lose much I still lost and I am so close to going under 200, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades!  So my scale weight was 200.2 so as always I round to the nearest half pound so my official logged weight is and even 200 LBS. 
     This week, I would say has been a constant struggle for me, my guess is because my routine has varied a little from the norm.  Last Thursday my wife left for Phoenix to visit her family and attend her niece's wedding.  Her flight was at 7:45am so that meant getting up at like 4:30 to be ready and out the door by 5:30, so needless to say my morning routine and breakfast was shot.  after I dropped her off I wanted to go to a sit down type place where I could control what I was going to eat but with traffic and time constraints, the best I could do was McDonalds.  I did my best by getting 2 egg white delight sandwiches which wasn't to bad but for some reason I ordered hash browns too.  Old reflex I guess.  All day I felt hungry and when I got home I over ate on my dinner and evening snack.  As I look back through my net diary, keeping in mind I try to stay right at 2000 calories, out of 7 days I was significantly over budget on 5 of the last 7 days.  The only thing I can think of is that because I new I was so close to breaking the 200 barrier I got over confident and quite laxed  in my dedication to the process.  Suffice to say, the fatman inside me fought back this week and unfortunately won this battle.  
    
     And the hits, they just keep on comin'!  Wednesday weigh in is also long run day and with Mandy flying in today I was already having to cut my run short, but not as short as I ended up having to.  It's almost the middle of March and spring is suppose to be right around the corner, but today old man winter gave us the big middle finger with another snow storm!
Here was my view as I drove to the gym earlier today.  Thank God for four wheel drive, but I still couldn't go more that 15-20mph and couldn't hardly make out where the road was.
     When I made it to the gym I got warmed up and started my long run.  I had 12 on the schedule but I only had time to get 8 in if I was going to have time to shower and make it to Detroit Metro airport with the weather we are having.  I got to 4.75 miles and of course, the county went to a level 3 snow emergency and the gym made the decision to close up for the day.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
I guess some miles are better then no miles at all, right?  The only thing that went right for me today was my wife's plane was on time and I get to spend the evening with her and hear all about her vacation. 

6 comments:

  1. Glad Mandy made it back OK. Her body is probably in shock from going from our weather to that mess. Go easy on yourself - you are doing a great job!
    ~Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha! and yes she wasn't happy to come home to a snow storm!

      Delete
  2. You're a Rock Star Dean! We all struggle on this journey to being healthy. Especially when we are used to consuming whatever we want whenever we want. It just shows you that when you have to deviate a bit or circumstances cause a kink in our course it's not always a bad thing but just life. Life happens and we are all human. And the best part was...you are still down this week. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some is always better than nothing! Some weight lost is awesome and 4.5 miles ran is a heck of a lot better than zero! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete