Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday Weigh In

     Usually every other day I will step on the scale quick before I hop in the shower, mainly to see how my routine can affect my weight.  The number that comes up on Wednesday is what I deemed my "official" weight each week.  Well, this morning I saw something that I haven't seen in almost 20 years, a 1 at the beginning.  I can't pin point exactly when the last time this happened but I would venture a guess to be my freshman or sophomore year in high school.  What's sad is that when I saw it, I thought I would be going crazy just enamored with what I had accomplished, but I didn't.  Don't get me wrong I was happy and very proud of myself, I mean come on I have put in a shit ton of work to get here, but it really just felt like another day.  It wasn't until I texted Mandy a pic of the scale and got this response:

 ...that I realized, yes I put in a lot of hard work, but to have the support of my wife, my family and my friends is what really has done it for me.  With that said here is my official weigh in for Wednesday 3/19/14, no rounding necessary a clear 199 this week with a loss of 1lbs and a current BMI of 31.1.
       For my Long run this week I had 12 miles on the schedule and I really wanted to do the whole thing without any interruptions.  The weather was looking pretty good with this heat wave we are having, but the news was forecasting rain all day.  After I had my pre-run snack I check the weather map and it looked pretty good, a nice window of no rain and a temp of almost 50.  The only down side was the wind but hey 2 out three ain't bad.  I decided to do my "hilly" 6 mile route twice, which doesn't take me to far from the house in case any thunder storms were to arise.  Overall I would say my run when great.  I had the wind at my back for 2/3 of each lap of my route and other then a little heel pain at mile 7 and a dog that just watched me roll by, I had no major issues.
         Now to head to my running club's monthly meeting and then spend the evening with Mandy!

7 comments:

  1. Nice job dude, HUGE accomplishment. I remember the same feeling when I'd step on the scale and reach a huge milestone, it was routine to see the numbers coming down so it wasn't quite as exciting as I thought it would be! You have accomplished so much more than I ever did though, at this point you've lost over double.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thomas, nice to know I am not the only one!

      Delete
  2. I came across your blog through Runs For Cookies. Just wanted to say congratz on the weigh in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! That's a really great milestone. I've another 22 pounds to go before I reach that one myself, and I'm pretty excited. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Just keep pluggin' away and you will get there. Keep me up to date when you get there!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Dean! I'm definitely on my way. I'm blogging through my journey too, so I'm easy to keep up with :) http://jenistotallylost.blogspot.com/

      Delete